New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

dennyshih

Taiwan
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2024 :  18:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Enrico,

I'm currently a master's student. May I ask you about the calculation methods and theories used by FastCap2 in computing capacitance?
I would like to compare and cross-verify the research contents between FastCap2 and mine.

Thank you

first using fasthenry

Enrico

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2024 :  09:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denny,

you can find the main papers explaining the theory under FastCap2 and FasterCap under the 'Literature' section of our web site.

In particular I encourage you to read "The Treatment of Dielectrics in FasterCap" which actually deals also with the formulations in FastCap2.

You can also check the original papers under 'Literature->Publication", in particular K. S. Nabors, J. White, "Multipole-Accelerated Capacitance Extraction Algorithms for 3-D Structures with Multiple Dielectrics", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, Vol. 39, No. 11, Nov 1992 is a short summary of how FastCap2 works, while you can find the full-blown detailed explanations in K. S. Nabors, "Efficient Three-Dimensional Capacitance Calculation", PhD thesis at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, May 1993.

Best,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page