FasterCap and FastCap2
 Generate Geometry output in FasterCap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cyberduke

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  21:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, Thanks Enrico for all the answers to all my posts, it was all truly helpful.

After building FasterCap, I want to view the geometry like what was posssible with the command "fastcap outputname input.qui -m" on FastCap. But I have not found such a feature in FasterCap.

Also, apon trying to build FastCap(since I could just still use FastCap to look at the Geometries), I get a heap of compiling errors when calling the makefile. I have tried the original and WRCad version.

Enrico

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2021 :  20:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FasterCap has no option for dumping a geometry picture. You can visualize the input geometry in FastModel (on Windows) and if you want to see the refined model you can dump it from FasterCap and again visualize it in FastModel.

A more modern and portable option would be to visualize the geometry in FreeCAD but I'm afraid we did not complete the viewer part - no sponsor so far, so possibly delayed to the availability of the capacitance modeling part of the E.M. Workbench.

The original version of FastCap does not compile any more under modern GCC. WRCad should compile on an older GCC version e.g. 4.7. The repository master is kept intentionally aligned to the last official version released by M.I.T. I suggest you to fix the WRCad version. Otherwise you can still use pre-compiled binaries for Windows (available for download on our web site, in the FastFieldSolvers bundle).

Best Regards,
Enrico

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page