New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

srinathshiv

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  21:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What's the default permeability with which the fast henry computes magnetic field. Does someone knows how Henry computes inductance from the magnetic field.

Also is it possible to give permeability as input. I checked the user guide completely but there's no mention in it.

[ I saw in another post that fast-henry uses quasi-static approximations where dielectric is negligible. This may be a stupid question, but if I want to extract inductance for geometries with different dielectrics in-between, is Fast-Henry a good option or I have to look somewhere else]

Thanks.

Enrico

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  20:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

the default relative permeability is 1. FastHenry does not consider magnetic materials. You can find full details about the system of equations behind FastHenry in the reference papers listed at fastfieldsolvers.com/publications.htm

We are planning to extend an inductance solver to consider also linear magnetic materials. Would you be interested, would you consider sponsoring this open source project? All the user community would benefit from it, and your direct benefits would be that at the end you have a free product (no limitations, no licenses) and you would be able to possibly customize the development along your main requirements.

About dielectrics, is this a separate need or you would like to consider both at the same time? At present only FastCap / FasterCap considers dielectric interfaces. FastImp is a MQS/EMQS/full-wave solver but again considers only homogeneous dielectric.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page