FastHenry Blender integration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

HighVoltage

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2024 :  16:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've been working on a project to integrate FastHenry with Blender, essentially creating an EM Workbench in Blender similar to what is available in FreeCAD. Blender has powerful capabilities to create complex shapes and curves effortlessly, have a look at this video below which shows how you can easily create and simulate wire bonds in semiconductors.
ht*ps://w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=AU7PYv4daqo

I'm using the Automation interface via python. This addon for Blender will be available for free.

Enrico

542 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2024 :  17:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to hear that! Very good!

One note on the initial choice of FreeCAD vs. Blender; when selecting which tool could work best as a front-end, I considered Blender as well, but decided to focus on FreCAD. The reason is that Blender is very very advanced for modeling curved shapes etc. but it has not the goal of being a mechanical CAD i.e. supporting precise measurements etc.
I preferred to bet on a support within a parametric 3D CAD and not a modeler, as I cannot support on my side, because of excessive effort, multiple workbenches on multiple tools.

Said that, any development for supporting the Fast solvers is more than welcome!
Kindly keep the evolution posted (also) here, if you don't mind.

Best,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page

HighVoltage

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2024 :  17:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Enrico,

Here is a new update video, I can now include mutual inductances, also developed a simple UI inside Blender to display results and to indicate the coupled objects, red box shows active object and yellow box shows coupled object

ht*ps://w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=FIvrTi6Tmzs
Go to Top of Page

Enrico

542 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2024 :  18:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The video is amazing!! Well done! I'm looking forward to testing it myself.
Cheers,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page