Windows Command Line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brodym

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  02:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does fasthenry2 allow Command Line operation similar to the Linux version? That is, can we run, for example, fasthenry2.exe file.inp with certain command line options?

I have found no information in the manual, automation examples or on this forum. I have also seen the following posts:

1. Windows Command Line input file
2. fasthenry command line
3. Windows Command Line Version
4. Command line options

From what I can tell, fasthenry2 for Windows does not have a direct command line interface. However, it appears that fasthenry2 could be launched via VBScript on the command line. Is this correct?

BTW: Love this program and the Windows automation is awesome. I just have a very particular need to launch from the command line similar to Linux.

Thank you

Brody Mahoney

Enrico

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  11:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This question is actually asked from time to time, as you point out. Now, the Windows version of FastHenry that we distribute currently has not this functionality. What are your options then?

1. Use the Automation interface; but in your case you already ruled out this option.

2. Use the cygwin FastHenry version by WrCad. This is available in source code on the relevant branch in our repository on GitHub (the link is at our 'download' page). In this case you need to compile FastHenry yourself, using the Cygwin suite; or use the compiled version available at wrcad.com, adding the cygwin DLL.

3. Write a console wrapper that calls FastHenry via automation and input / output data from the shell. Actually this is a bit of an overshoot.

4. Engage us for a customization service - we can modify FastHenry for Windows to run also from the console (adding a switch for that as an option when you call FastHenry) and / or compile FastHenry for you in shell only mode. In this way you will make the feature available also for other users, in exchange of a reasonable fee (a private customization would have an higher cost).

I hope to have addressed your question. In case you would like to proceed with some customization, kindly contact us via the form or the email address availabile at the 'contact us' page of the web site.

I'm available for further clarifications if needed.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Go to Top of Page

brodym

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  21:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Enrico.

Part of my question was to simply verify that this functionality does not exist on Windows, yet. We are okay with this, and have been using FastHenry via Linux command line coupled with Python for automation.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time looking for something that isn't there.

As far as custom work, perhaps in the future. I would have to justify the need to pay for this feature relative to simply investing time to port our python work to VBScript, Visual Basic, etc.

Thanks again,

Brody

Brody Mahoney
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page