FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 Readoutput
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wenlong ma

China
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  09:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How can i Readoutput, then processing in matlab? i mean, i have saw the user's Guide, i can find the file Zc.mat, but i cannot find the file ReadOutput.c. so i dont know, how can use the function ReadZc() and main ()?


Best Regards
wenlong ma
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

wenlong ma

China
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  10:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mean ,i cannot find the directory src/misc/, so i dont know, how can i careate Equivalent Circuit ?

Best Regards
wenlong ma
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Go to Top of Page

Enrico

410 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  19:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are using Windows, this is simple to do, as FastHenry2 supports Automation. Therefore, you can fully control FastHenry2 from any language that supports Automation (Automation is not linked to any specific language, is a independent interface). You can find for instance some examples in the samples directory that you get upon installation (see the online help that you can open from FastHenry2 with the 'help' menu), that will show you how to control FastHenry2 from Excel, or from some VisualBasic script.

You can also find some examples about how to control FastHenry2 from MatLab in the forum, just search the term 'matlab'. For instance, you may want to read w*w.fastfieldsolvers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1082 (replace w*w with the three 'w', the * is inserted as anti-spam filter).

If you also want to dig into the source code, you need the original FastHenry distribution; however, this is usually not needed. In case, it is available on GitHub, see the 'download' page, 'source code'.
In case you are using the *nix version, you may want to look at the source code, and automate FastHenry via shell input/output redirection (parsing the output).

Finally, if you want to create equivalent circuits, you can use the pre-compiled utilities you can find in the installation directory (the path should already be added to the standard path, so you should be able to launch them from any command prompt).

Best Regards,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page

wenlong ma

China
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  11:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thxxx for your help. now i have a task for calculate the inductance and resistance of the different busbars geometry. then i can choose a best structure of busbars for the control units of AC motor. but the geometry of busbars from CAD, so can i create input.file from CAD to Fasthenry ?
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

If you are using Windows, this is simple to do, as FastHenry2 supports Automation. Therefore, you can fully control FastHenry2 from any language that supports Automation (Automation is not linked to any specific language, is a independent interface). You can find for instance some examples in the samples directory that you get upon installation (see the online help that you can open from FastHenry2 with the 'help' menu), that will show you how to control FastHenry2 from Excel, or from some VisualBasic script.

You can also find some examples about how to control FastHenry2 from MatLab in the forum, just search the term 'matlab'. For instance, you may want to read w*w.fastfieldsolvers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1082 (replace w*w with the three 'w', the * is inserted as anti-spam filter).

If you also want to dig into the source code, you need the original FastHenry distribution; however, this is usually not needed. In case, it is available on GitHub, see the 'download' page, 'source code'.
In case you are using the *nix version, you may want to look at the source code, and automate FastHenry via shell input/output redirection (parsing the output).

Finally, if you want to create equivalent circuits, you can use the pre-compiled utilities you can find in the installation directory (the path should already be added to the standard path, so you should be able to launch them from any command prompt).

Best Regards,
Enrico




Best Regards
wenlong ma
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Go to Top of Page

Enrico

410 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  08:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you can, but you need some program to convert the output of your CAD to the FastHenry2 input file format. FastHenry input format has been designed to be easy, but it is based on rectangular parallelepipeds, not tiles, so it cannot easily model any geometry; but busbars should be ok.

You may also be able to directly script your CAD program to export the geometry (or at least, the relevant parts of it) into FastHenry. This may be the easier solution, as in the input geometry you already know where the key features are, that you want to export.

If you need help in doing that, we can provide assistance, as consulting is our main activity. In case, please feel free to contact me for providing the details, and we can discuss how to proceed.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Go to Top of Page

wenlong ma

China
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  09:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep,i can easily script my CAD program to export the geometry into Fasthenry. but it is many different busbars geometry. so i hope, i can easily create input files from CAD formats. do you have idea about this ?and how can i contact with you? only in forum ?
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

Yes you can, but you need some program to convert the output of your CAD to the FastHenry2 input file format. FastHenry input format has been designed to be easy, but it is based on rectangular parallelepipeds, not tiles, so it cannot easily model any geometry; but busbars should be ok.

You may also be able to directly script your CAD program to export the geometry (or at least, the relevant parts of it) into FastHenry. This may be the easier solution, as in the input geometry you already know where the key features are, that you want to export.

If you need help in doing that, we can provide assistance, as consulting is our main activity. In case, please feel free to contact me for providing the details, and we can discuss how to proceed.

Best Regards,
Enrico





Best Regards
wenlong ma
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Go to Top of Page

Enrico

410 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  12:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can contact me at "su ppor t <at> fastfieldsolvers.com" (remove the spaces and replace the <at> with @; this is to avoid spam. I will reply you with my internal email), or filling up the form at the 'contacts' page.

If you can also provide me some additional information, i.e. the CAD you are using, and an example of your different busbar geometries, we can discuss the possibilities.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page

wenlong ma

China
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2017 :  14:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok,thank you a lot, i will contact you. i have other questions, in user's Guide said, Fasthenry is for long thin conductors, but busbars isn't enough long thin, this busbars is for igbt model in E-Motor for electric car . is it ok with Fasthenry to calculation the inductance and resistance?
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

You can contact me at "su ppor t <at> fastfieldsolvers.com" (remove the spaces and replace the <at> with @; this is to avoid spam. I will reply you with my internal email), or filling up the form at the 'contacts' page.

If you can also provide me some additional information, i.e. the CAD you are using, and an example of your different busbar geometries, we can discuss the possibilities.

Best Regards,
Enrico




Best Regards
wenlong ma
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Go to Top of Page

Enrico

410 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  18:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FastHenry basic element is a long thin parallelepiped; but this does not mean that you cannot use parallelepipeds to model more complex structures, for instance ground planes that are by no means 'long', meaning not stretched in one direction only. Of course, given the basic element, long thin structures are modelled best, e.g. wires over a ground plane, or package traces, etc. but this is not necessarily a limitation.

Mind instead that inductance is a property of a closed loop; you have to be careful in using the results of your simulations on a section of the loop only, i.e. a partial inductance. You need to be well aware of what this means. For a discussion of the topic, you can refer to M. Kamon, "Fast Parasitic Extraction and Simulation of Three-Dimensional Interconnect via Quasistatic Analysis", PhD thesis at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Feb 1998; or our slides "ElectroMagnetic Solvers Basics" in the 'literature' page.


Best Regards,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page

mona

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  05:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excuse me ,can i obtain the position coordinate of each filament after multipole refine ?[/b]
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

FastHenry basic element is a long thin parallelepiped; but this does not mean that you cannot use parallelepipeds to model more complex structures, for instance ground planes that are by no means 'long', meaning not stretched in one direction only. Of course, given the basic element, long thin structures are modelled best, e.g. wires over a ground plane, or package traces, etc. but this is not necessarily a limitation.

Mind instead that inductance is a property of a closed loop; you have to be careful in using the results of your simulations on a section of the loop only, i.e. a partial inductance. You need to be well aware of what this means. For a discussion of the topic, you can refer to M. Kamon, "Fast Parasitic Extraction and Simulation of Three-Dimensional Interconnect via Quasistatic Analysis", PhD thesis at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Feb 1998; or our slides "ElectroMagnetic Solvers Basics" in the 'literature' page.


Best Regards,
Enrico

Go to Top of Page

Enrico

410 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  00:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As discussed via email, you need software customization to be able to do that. We are fully available should you want it as a consultancy service, and you will help the open source community, too, as all our modifications (unless otherwise requested) are then published.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2018 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06