FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 Compilation of FasterCap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew22 Posted - Feb 29 2020 : 18:35:29
Trying to compile on Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit.

Get errors which suggest that Operation3D.cpp and Operation3D.h (in Geometry package) are incompatible. The "PlaneFromThreePoints" function is commented out in this header file. I took Geometry from Github today.

I added the line #include <wx/debug.h> to GeoGlobal.h as otherwise wxAssert is not found.

Andrew.

Scanning dependencies of target Geometry
[ 3%] Building CXX object Geometry/CMakeFiles/Geometry.dir/Geometry2D.cpp.o
[ 7%] Building CXX object Geometry/CMakeFiles/Geometry.dir/Operation3D.cpp.o
/home/andrew/FasterCap/Geometry/Operation3D.cpp:68:49: error: no ‘int C3DOperation::PlaneFromThreePoints(C3DPlane&, C3DVector&, C3DVector&, C3DVector&)’ member function declared in class ‘C3DOperation’
C3DVector &point2, C3DVector &point3)
^
/home/andrew/FasterCap/Geometry/Operation3D.cpp:111:49: error: no ‘int C3DOperation::PlaneFromTwoVectorsAndPoint(C3DPlane&, C3DVector&, C3DVector&, C3DVector&)’ member function declared in class ‘C3DOperation’
C3DVector &vector2, C3DVector &point)
^
/home/andrew/FasterCap/Geometry/Operation3D.cpp:142:43: error: no ‘int C3DOperation::LineToLineClosestPoints(C3DVector&, C3DVector&, C3DLine&, C3DLine&)’ member function declared in class ‘C3DOperation’
C3DLine &line1, C3DLine &line2)
^
/home/andrew/FasterCap/Geometry/Operation3D.cpp:185:65: error: no ‘char C3DOperation::IsPointInFace(C3DVector&, C3DFace*)’ member function declared in class ‘C3DOperation’
char C3DOperation::IsPointInFace(C3DVector &point, C3DFace *face)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Mar 09 2020 : 11:30:09
Hi Andrew,

thanks for the heads up. Actually Geometry for some reason was not updated in line with the latest version of FasterCap.

I have pushed to GitHub the right version, so #includes should be ok now.

However, you are right about the header for Operation3D.h, however on our chain this causes no issue - may depend on the version of the compiler and, more than that, the level of warnings you have activated.
Still, this is a mistake, and we'll correct it as well; the simple way to handle it for the time being is ignoring the warning (if a warning) or commenting out the function in the .cpp implementation file as well.

Thanks,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page