FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastModel
 FastModel License

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fuzzybear Posted - Aug 01 2014 : 20:14:50
As seen in the following attachment (see URL), FastModel is claiming that the software license has expired. FastModel is, supposedly, free (as advertised on fastfieldsolvers.com's homepage). How is this problem remedied?

ht*p://w*w.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=34dcd9f
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Aug 17 2014 : 23:27:21
You can find the differences in the bundle content listed in the relevant history.txt files, one in each installation directory.

More specifically, the bundle history will tell you that we updated FastModel and FasterCap:

Version 4.5.0, 2014/06/30
- FasterCap 5.5.0
- FastModel 2.5.6 license update

FastModel just updated the license, expiring end of this year. The reason why FastModel license expires is not an error in itself, but it is a recommendation for upgrading. FastModel will stay anyway free.

FasterCap instead supports now parallel processing on multi-core architectures for the key computing intensive operations, namely the potential calculations and the matrix-vector multiplication in each GMRES step.

Best Regards,
Enrico
fuzzybear Posted - Aug 15 2014 : 18:33:41
Upon starting FastModel (using fastfieldsolvers_bundle_4.5.0_setup_x64.exe) I have received the following error : ht*p://w*w.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=7faf768.

Can it be confirmed that the FastModel license will not expire at the end of this year?

Can instructions also be relayed as to how to remove this error?

Thank you.
Alejandro Posted - Aug 14 2014 : 17:58:41
Hello,

which are the differences betwee this version and the previous one, as for FastHenry, FastCap and FastModel?

I've tried to find it but i couldn't.

Regards.
Enrico Posted - Aug 11 2014 : 11:53:33
I am happy to announce that the new version is out. Please upgrade!

Best Regards,
Enrico
fuzzybear Posted - Aug 05 2014 : 15:01:04
Thanks, Enrico. This message serves as notice of having had received your email and having had read your forum post.
Enrico Posted - Aug 04 2014 : 19:11:06
The license issue will be solved with the next release of the FastFieldSolver software bundle, mainly driven by the new parallel version of FasterCap, giving you a definite speed increase on multi-core machines.

We'll release the new version by the end of this week, but please feel free to go on using the current version of FastModel by our permission until the new license is available (you only get the warning, but FastModel is still fully functional).

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page