FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 Fastcap not giving results

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rahmanakber871 Posted - Mar 23 2013 : 16:08:01
Hello All,

I am using fastcap for using transformer model. I am having problem , when i run fastcap it runs for infinte time,just doing iterating data of conductor 1. Please help me to point out where is problem.

Thanks in advance
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Dec 26 2021 : 11:53:16
Hi David,

unfortunately not, we found no sponsorship. I had some discussions about the workflow, in a different context (IC design), going through KLayout; but so far no code.

Best Regards,
Enrico
huffdave Posted - Dec 26 2021 : 00:04:51
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

Are you talking about PCB (Allegro software) or IC (Virtuoso)?
I'm afraid we don't have currently a Cadence license for cross developing; however Allegro exists in some free library format against which we could test the import.
Otherwise, we could provide a GDSII export. It would be a custom development, though.

Please let me know
Enrico

Hi Enrico. Have you developed a way to import GDS into FasterCap?
Thx, -Dave

David Huffman
rahmanakber87 Posted - May 26 2013 : 17:16:12
Hi,
Yes i am talking about cadence virtuoso.
If you can provide me GDSII export facility i can test over GPDK45nm kit and can analyse fasthenry and cadence results. It could be joint venture.
One more thing i made one transformer on pcd(software used for inductor and transformer generation in cadence virtuoso) and results are quite matching if you need from my aide please let me know.

BR,
Rehman
Enrico Posted - May 24 2013 : 23:20:29
Are you talking about PCB (Allegro software) or IC (Virtuoso)?
I'm afraid we don't have currently a Cadence license for cross developing; however Allegro exists in some free library format against which we could test the import.
Otherwise, we could provide a GDSII export. It would be a custom development, though.

Please let me know
Enrico
rahmanakber871 Posted - May 20 2013 : 10:06:17
yes, i need to transfer fasthenry file into cadence.
is there is any way to do this.

Br,
Rehman Akbar
Enrico Posted - May 03 2013 : 15:33:26
Ok, if I get it right you would like to import a FastHenry input file describing the inductance geometry directly into Cadence layout editor.
Correct?

Enrico
rahmanakber871 Posted - Apr 29 2013 : 10:46:21
Hi,
about conversion of FastHenry to Cadence:
i need geometrical conversion from Fasthenry to Cadence. i think i need GDS-II format. how i can do this?

BR,
Rehman
Enrico Posted - Apr 10 2013 : 14:26:56
Happy of having been of some help.

Regarding your questions:

quote:
1. I tried to install new Linux version of fast solver but i did not go through. I have ubuntu 8 version and the error was some libexpat.so.0 library is missing i tried to install this patch but could not succeeded.

Yes the sw has been compiled for CentOS 5.x, and in newer versions (corresponding to Ubuntu 8) you have to use a compatibility library, since the native OS in this case is providing only libexpat.so.1.
For CentOS 6.x there is a compatibility package called "compat-expat1-1.95.8-8el6" which provides the library file libexpat.so.0. I have not checked yet for Ubuntu. If you are serious about the usage I'll be happy to provide you the SW for Ubuntu; but is Ubuntu your production platform?

quote:
2. Is there any way to convert fast henry file to cadence.

Interesting point; but which kind of conversion would you be interested in? (geometric, circuit solver, other?)

quote:
3. When i run transformer file i gives me error "matrixes are diagonally not correct" how much this error give you error in results.

Really depends. Physically, the Maxwell capacitance matrix should be diagonally dominant. However there may be situations where, because of numerical approximations, you are very close but not 100% there. In other situations, this is a hint of bad convergence of the result, either because of poor / wrong input discretization or because of excessive compression of the matrix (parameter -d in FasterCap, -o in FastCap)

Best Regards,
Enrico

rahmanakber871 Posted - Mar 29 2013 : 10:43:44
Hi,
Thank you Enrico the hints you gave me really help me to solve my problem.
I have few questions following

1. I tried to install new Linux version of fast solver but i did not go through. I have ubuntu 8 version and the error was some libexpat.so.0 library is missing i tried to install this patch but could not succeeded.

2. Is there any way to convert fast henry file to cadence.

3. When i run transformer file i gives me error "matrixes are diagonally not correct" how much this error give you error in results.
rahmanakber871 Posted - Mar 24 2013 : 23:29:15
Hi,
I have sent you files in email.please check it.

Br,
Rehman
Enrico Posted - Mar 23 2013 : 19:45:08
Looks like the iterative solver is not able to converge. There may be many reasons why this can happen; but without the input file this is very difficult to understand.

Please provide your input file; if it is big you can send it via email to su p p or t (at) fastfieldsolvers (dot) com

(without spaces and replacing (at) and (dot) with the proper symbols; written in this way to fool spam robots)

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page