FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 .gds file converted to. lst /.qui/.txt file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
epi Posted - Oct 11 2022 : 06:24:26
I am a new novice. I have been unable to output .gds files generated by HFSS as fastcap identifiable files. Is there any better program to implement this function? Or what other way to extract component parameters and generate input file types supported by fastcap?thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
teny Posted - Nov 19 2022 : 14:27:23
quote:
Originally posted by epi

Hi Encrio,
thanks for the reply, you provided a good idea that I will try. Also, I have currently found a script to handle the problem.
Best Regards,
Epi

Hi,EPI
Could you tell me the name of the script you mentioned?
Best Regards,
Teny
epi Posted - Oct 13 2022 : 09:32:16
Hi Encrio,
thanks for the reply, you provided a good idea that I will try. Also, I have currently found a script to handle the problem.
Best Regards,
Epi
Enrico Posted - Oct 11 2022 : 16:30:04
Hi Epi,

there is no explicit translator afaik; however, the FastCap / FasterCap format is quite simple so you should be able to write a converter via some script (provided your input geometry is tractable).

You may also consider to use FreeCAD as an intermediate translator, as it is quite flexible and scriptable via Python.

If you have more specific requests, we may support you as consulting service (including writing a translator, if this is the end goal for you).

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page