FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 Ferrite cores and parasite capacitance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aamendez Posted - Oct 22 2020 : 16:03:47
Dear all,

I'm trying to calculate the self-inductance and mutual inductance of a couple of flat spiral inductor and so far I have been able to do that however I have a couple of questions:
- Is it possible to get the parasite capacitance of this coil? I have been searching about converting the model to a FastCap input file but this seem complex.
- On the other hand, is it possible to add ferrite cores or ferromagnetic planes to the model? I didn't find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Dec 15 2020 : 16:21:10
Hi Werro,

I'm sorry but the solvers as they stand today do not support ferromagnetic materials (neither non-linear nor linear).
It would require solving a different set of equations for considering also the ferromagnetic material.
If you are interested and think you can sponsor the development, I'll be happy to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Enrico
Werro Posted - Dec 14 2020 : 12:22:35
quote:
Originally posted by aamendez

Dear all,

I'm trying to calculate the self-inductance and mutual inductance of a couple of flat spiral inductor and so far I have been able to do that however I have a couple of questions:
- Is it possible to get the parasite capacitance of this coil? I have been searching about converting the model to a FastCap input file but this seem complex.
- On the other hand, is it possible to add ferrite cores or ferromagnetic planes to the model? I didn't find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

I would like to know about the way to add ferrite cores or ferromagnetic planes to the model, I don't know how to do it too. Can someone help us? I would be more than happy to try new way when I get back to my house in Larnaca

I am new here, hello!
aamendez Posted - Nov 09 2020 : 17:17:18
Hi Limo, thank you for your answer and I'm sorry for getting back to you so late but these last 2 weeks I've been dealing with some other topics.
Back to the topics, how did you get the FastCap input file using Matlab? Do you have any reference for this? Could you share some info?
Regarding PEEC modeling, I'm sorry but I'm not doing it.
Thank you again for your answer.
limo Posted - Oct 27 2020 : 03:01:43
Hello, I am also trying to calculate the parasitic parameters of the planar spiral inductor. It seems that there is no way to obtain the fastcap model input file from fastHenry. I obtained the input file by programming on MATLAB. I did not perform ferromagnetic modeling. So I am not sure. In addition, I can ask if you are also doing PEEC modeling, maybe we can discuss the modeling problem.

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page