FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 how to create an input file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
billa Posted - Sep 03 2019 : 12:52:49
Dear users,

I am new to Fast field solver and would like to know how to create input file for fastHenry or fast cap. there was a video in one of the previous posts but now its not accessible
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Sep 12 2019 : 12:09:16
You are right, manually creating the input geometries is not easy.
This is usually done through scripts, or via exporting from other tools (e.g. XiC from WrCAD for IC design). However I believe FreeCAD is the most promising and versatile tool, as this is a fully parametric CAD, free and open source. FreCAD has already been extended by us with an ElectroMagnetic workbench able to create input files for FastHenry and VoxHenry. You can definitely use the macro on GitHub for exporting to FasterCap format, even if at present it requires some knowledge of both FreeCAD and Python.
A dedicated FasterCap support within the E.M. workbench for FreeCAD, as available as of today for FastHenry and VoxHenry, will follow, integrating the macro in the advanced GUI system. The difference is that we were able to get some sponsorship for the inductance solver support, so we could home in the development earlier this year.
If you are interested, and would have the possibility to sponsor also this development, we could definitely speed up availability. This would still be in open source, so you benefit from an open environment, any subsequent improvement, fixes and extensions.

Kindly let me know if this is a possibility for you, and I'll be happy to discuss the details. In this case you can contact me via private email (contact information available on the 'contacts' page)

Thank you,
Enrico

billa Posted - Sep 11 2019 : 17:59:54
Dear Enrico,
Thanks for your quick response,

Can you please tell me how to create complex 3D objects compatible with FasterCap? I understand the syntax for Fastercap, but manual modelling of a complex irregular, multi dielectric object is not proving to be achievable . Any suggestions regarding how to create input files for such an object?

What about the macro that you have recently uploaded in the GitHub?
Enrico Posted - Sep 03 2019 : 14:46:30
Dear Billa,

please check the documentation at ht*ps://w*w.fastfieldsolvers.com/documentation.htm (replace the * with the correct characters to navigate the links, the * are an anti-soam measure).

You can find there also some links to videos.

I also suggest to check out the sample files, these are possibly the best way to start assembling your own input file. The location of the samples under Windows is indicated in the embedded help in FastCap2, FastHenry2 or FasterCap.

Also note that creating input files for FastHenry is now quite simplified thanks to the FreeCAD ElectroMagnetic workbench add-on. This provides you a CAD 3D parametric modeller interface. Please refer to our web site for further details.

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page