FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 Thin conductor at dielectric interface.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tbell Posted - May 28 2019 : 11:12:39
Hi,
I am trying to run simulations for conductors that are very thin relative to all other dimensions in the system. They are patterned above and below a dielectric substrate, so to describe them to fastercap I need to define two conducting planes at very small separation, embedded in different dielectric constants, but when this separation becomes too small the simulations run very slowly. I was wondering whether you have any advice for this situation.

I noticed a previous forum post in which you suggested that a zero thickness conductor at a dielectric interface might be a possible future extension. This seems like the functionality I require, so was wondering whether there had been any developments on this feature.
Thanks,
Tom
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tbell Posted - Jun 03 2019 : 11:35:28
Dear Enrico

I have emailed the support email address with more details and hope to hear from you soon.

Tom
Enrico Posted - May 29 2019 : 05:00:01
Dear Tom,

yes if your structure is really thin, the 'B' element representing a zero-thickness conductor at the interface between two different dielectric mediums would be your best option.

Unfortunately so far this enhancement has not been implemented. If you believe you need this feature, and you (your company?) would be interested in sponsoring its open-source development, kindly contact me privately via email (you can find the address on the 'Contacts' page). Being open source have multiple advantages, including reduced cost, unlimited unrestricted usage, free enhancements from other contributions. I will be happy to discuss with you the details.

Kind Regards,
Enrco

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page