FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 importing geometries from solidworks/other CAD too

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rmkotech Posted - Oct 19 2018 : 01:42:44
Hello,

Is it possible to import geometries from other CAD tools such as solid works to work in fast henry? I tried but it didn't work.

thanks,
Ram

Ram Kotecha
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Oct 25 2018 : 07:27:01
Yes, financial sponsorship. If you are interested, please contact me via email (see the 'contacts' page, and we can discuss details.

Best Regards,
Enrico
rmkotech Posted - Oct 24 2018 : 18:38:11
Hi Enrico,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, i didn't see it because i didn't receive any notification by email.
I'm not sure what you mean by "interested to join sponsorship"? Does it mean any financial sponsorship? I'm interested in the FREECAD use for exporting geometries to the fastfield sovers.

thanks,
Ram

quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

Dear Ram,

you can not import them directly. FastHenry uses its own input file format, based on parallelepipeds (rectangular 3D segments), that are not in general conforming to 3D geometries. You need to define your structure in a meaningful way, but also note that FastHenry is not based on FEM methods, so you don't need to discretize the air / space volumes, only the conductors.

We are working on a workbench in FreeCAD as open source sponsored project. If you are interested to join the sponsorship, we can discuss your requirements, as FreeCAD can import many 3D file formats, and there you would be able to define geometries to be exported to FastHenry.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Ram Kotecha
Enrico Posted - Oct 19 2018 : 21:41:50
Dear Ram,

you can not import them directly. FastHenry uses its own input file format, based on parallelepipeds (rectangular 3D segments), that are not in general conforming to 3D geometries. You need to define your structure in a meaningful way, but also note that FastHenry is not based on FEM methods, so you don't need to discretize the air / space volumes, only the conductors.

We are working on a workbench in FreeCAD as open source sponsored project. If you are interested to join the sponsorship, we can discuss your requirements, as FreeCAD can import many 3D file formats, and there you would be able to define geometries to be exported to FastHenry.

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page