FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastModel
 How to automate node creation in input file?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davidB Posted - Feb 08 2008 : 17:18:36
My question is rather simple: Is there "loop" commands like "for" or "while" in the FastHenry syntax?
I would like to create a setup having hundreds of segments but I don't feel creating them one by one so I was thinking to automate the creation of the node and segment with a "for" loop but I don't know how to implement it.
How would you do it?
Thanks
David
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Jun 14 2018 : 14:45:08
We are now tackling this problems via FreeCAD. While the FreeCAD EM bench is far from complete at present, you can definitely use the Python scripting interface to create and visualize your input geometries, but it requires some knowledge about FreeCAD on your side.
We plan to improve the situation in the close future, expecially if we receive some sponsorship to accelerate the open-source development of the EM workbench.

Best Regards,
Enrico
mona Posted - Jun 14 2018 : 12:02:34
I also meet the same problem,so I would like to know if you have address this problem
Thanks
mona
Enrico Posted - Feb 12 2008 : 12:06:55
FastHenry2 does not support a scripting language. You can perform the task you have in mind using an external script in any language you wish.

You can also find some scripting examples in the 'Samples' directory for FastCap and FastHenry.

In the future, FastModel will support a script language of its own to automate tasks like this.

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page