FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastImp
 Working for windows 10?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
miguelrdz Posted - Jun 11 2018 : 14:01:32
Hi, I want to use the progam on Windows but I am not able to run it in Windows 10, am I doing something wrong? What are the steps to install/compile it?

I'm actually trying to use it to analyse inductace and capacitance in a micro transformer, we currently use FastHenry but as it doesn't cosider capacitances and aparently there is no straightforward way to combine the results with FastCap, am I correct?

Before going further it would be nice to know if for this application is appropiate to use FastImp

Thank you for your support, your software is really helpful!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Jun 13 2018 : 19:49:40
The steps for compiling and installing are described at ht*ps://github.com/ediloren/FastImp

Installation for the binary version is described instead in the FastFieldSolver web site download page, but the pre-compiled version has not been tested under Windows10, you may need a newer cygwin runtime DLL.

FastHenry and FastCap/FasterCap results can be combined, but you are right, it may involve some complexity. On the other hand FastImp will 'just' give you an impedance value for each frequency point you require, not a circuit model, and is not able to handle dielectrics.

Should you need personalized assistance, you can also contact me at the email address shown in the 'contacts' page, or using the contact form.

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page