FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 VBScript FastHenry2.IsRunning runtime error

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brodym Posted - May 16 2018 : 23:22:39
I am running a modified version of the provided VBScript example for running FastHenry2. Because I haven't figured out how to implement a callback, I am still using the example polling method which uses the IsRunning method: FastHenry2.IsRunning.

For some reason, many long simulations throw a "runtime" error at about 1.5 minutes while polling the IsRunning method. This is error #462, "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable". I am in the process of making a work around and will post the code here if it works.

Any advice? Thanks

Brody Mahoney
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - May 28 2018 : 15:16:58
I will try to replicate the issue. However this is possibly linked to the system absorbing too many resources in the simulation (e.g. switching to virtual memory) causing a time-out in the Automation server. The FastHenry engine runs in a separate thread w.r.t. the control window, therefore the latter should not be affected, in general, by the simulation, no matter what. However, if the system slows down, you might be globally impacted.

Best Regards,
Enrico
brodym Posted - May 26 2018 : 00:35:40
quote:
Originally posted by Enrico

What is the frequency of your polling?

Best Regards,
Enrico

I have tried various polling frequencies with the same result. The problem occurs when the number of line segments for a particular geometry become too high. If I recall correctly, if the filament sections are packed too closely, an error will result.

Brody Mahoney
Enrico Posted - May 17 2018 : 11:51:34
What is the frequency of your polling?

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page