FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 Tesla Bifilar pancake coi;

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Solhi Posted - Nov 14 2022 : 04:51:52
Hi all,
I'm brand new to this game, so expect and excuse "dump" questions.
I wonder if this tool can make and calculate the TBC in the different modes (serial and parallel). And not he least how to insert the parameters to such
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Nov 15 2022 : 10:28:58
Hi Solhi,

1) with FastHenry you surely can calculate the inductance of a Tesla Bifilar Coil (TBC) in an efficient way. However, as one of the main goals of the TBC is increasing the capacitive coupling between the windings, be aware that FastHenry extraction is executed in the magnetoquasistatic (MQS) approximation; this means that no accumulation of charge is considered i.e. you cannot see the resonance of the structure

2) with FastImp you can run your simulation in the electromagneticquasistatic (EMQS) approximation (as well as full-wave: including propagation effects). However the simulation of course takes longer and the model is more difficult to design. To this purpose FastImp offers some pre-defined, parametric models that can be used but only for fixed geometries. You may play a bit with the spiral inductors samples and get the idea. Then you may either modify the internal geometry generators (if you are proficient in C/C++) to output a TBC (in fact, modifying the spiral geometry generator) or create a model with an external tool (FastImp accepts a PATRAN-like input file).

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page