FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FasterCap and FastCap2
 Positive Off Diagonal Terms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashutosh98 Posted - Sep 27 2022 : 15:23:22
I am trying to simulate a system of conductors lying in a dielectric medium with a certain permitivitty. Using FasterCap, I wish to extract the Capacitance Matrix of the system. Once I reun the FasterCap solver on my system, it converges but it leads to positive off diagonal terms of the capacitance matrix. Now I understand that the Maxwell Capacitance Matrix is extracted from the solver, so there must be some numerical error happening. Is there any way to troubleshoot what could be going wrong? The modelled I have designed for my system seems to make sense, and I have modelled it after having gone through 2 examples given in the FasterCap documentation. I have attached an image of my system. The small rectangles (8 in total) are my conductors, and the border which bounds them belongs to the dielectric medium.
Image URL htt ps://ibb.co/T8w3nqK

Ashutosh Mukherjee
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ashutosh98 Posted - Sep 27 2022 : 15:25:50
I seemed to have attached the wrong URL.
Correct URL: ht*ps://ibb.co/T8w3nqK

(The preview of the URL somehow shows ht*ps instead of ht*ps. Please note the URL starts with ht*ps)

Ashutosh Mukherjee

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page