FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 E.M. Workbench
 VoxHenry Input file in FreeCAD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ruslan Posted - Aug 24 2020 : 18:49:48
Hi Enrico,

It looks like generation of an input file for VoxHenry in FreeCAD had been incorporated by you, thank you for doing that!

I have successfully used it couple of times but sometimes the voxelization process take very long time or crashes.

1. Are there any rules/tricks to avoid this?
2. How should I connect end of the wires, like for FastHenry we can connect nodes, but in VoxHenry, do we just make single part, like physically connect two parts?

Thanks,

Ruslan.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Aug 25 2020 : 12:40:16
Hi Ruslan,

the VoxHenry workbench is still beta - this is also why you don't get documentation. Generation of the voxelization requires testing each voxel for inside / outside status within a 3D shell, so it can take a significative amount of time, coupled with the fact that the script is Python so not always you can get top speed also for the other operations (but the inside/outside test should dominate).

There are other strategies possible to voxelize a body, we planned to look into them for the evolution of the WB. You are welcome to contribute, if you wish and can. Note instead that voxelization of a parallelepiped (i.e. a box in FreeCAD) is quite fast as it does NOT use any in/out testing - just a different simple algorithm to break the box into cubes.

For the connections, this is intrinsic in how VoxHenry works. No nodes to connect. Adjacent voxels (in contact on a side, not on an edge) are automatically considered connected. Watch out because this also means that you may have unwanted shorts if the discretization is coarse and the gap between bodies is small.

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page