FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 Spiral example on MacOS challenges

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
audionerd Posted - May 09 2020 : 00:16:05
Hi!

I'm trying to replicate the spiral example from this video: ht*ps://youtu.be/CRqDuEtbdds

Using FreeCAD with the EM add-on installed, and fasthenry dowloaded from ht*p://wrcad.com/ftp/pub/fasthenry-3.0wr-033020.tar.gz

the calculiation seems to go alright, but: the resulting Zc.mat file shows nan/nanj results.

my .inp file is [url=ht*ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1f4HzC9AF1ChSrcecFzyhxyDhJsFchR4-/view?usp=sharing]here[/url], perhaps someone can verify it please?

thanks in advance!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audionerd Posted - May 26 2020 : 14:28:37
In the mean time, I realize that even if there was a way to construct a FreeCAD spirals that consist of arc segments, I guess in the current implementation there is no way to translate those into arc segments the way that fasthenry can work with them, right... would be great though.
audionerd Posted - May 19 2020 : 17:37:11
Thank you Enrico, I tried it again and now it works. I guess I probably added an extra node by mistake.

Do you happen to know a way of constructing spirals in FreeCAD that consist or curved arc elements, instead of straight segments? I have been able to construct these for KiCad with the Spiki app, but that doesn't allow me to put two spirals in parallel.

Also, I found that the standard spiral function starts to do weird things above 44 rotations... ideally I would want to test out larger ones.
Enrico Posted - May 11 2020 : 20:02:25
Hi,

the links are intentionally crippled as an anti-spam and protection measure, as there is no user verification for accessing the forum. You can still access the links if you intentionally copy & paste the address in your web browser replacing the '*' or skipping them (as most convenient).

I checked your input file but you did some mistake in your FreeCAD model. There appears to be a dangling node "NFHNode041" as per FreeCAD Combo Model View. It reflects in your FastHenry created input file, as the spiral stops at node NFHNode040

[Start snippet]

EFHPath38 NFHNode039 NFHNode040 w=0.2 h=0.2
EFHPath39 NFHNode040 NFHNode w=0.2 h=0.2

* Ports
.external NFHNode044 NFHNode043

[End snippet]

so you spiral actually never closes in a loop, and this causes FastHenry to find no valid path for the current, hence the error.

Best Regards,
Enrico

audionerd Posted - May 09 2020 : 12:48:58
Hmm seems my links aren't working... not sure how to remedy that.

In the mean time I've tried opening the same .inp file in FastModel in a Win64 VM - I get the same result.

Perhaps somebody can take a look at my FreeCAD project file to see whether there's something odd about it?

ht*ps://drive.google.com/open?id=1lK7NN1WlZuIocJZy1p-T1B8Ct2f4_PcH

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page