FastFieldSolvers Forum
FastFieldSolvers Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 FastFieldSolvers
 FastHenry2
 Saturation effects

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What do MOONwalk and MOONdance have in common?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
maba1971 Posted - Nov 13 2019 : 12:06:11
I simulate a current shunt consisting of resistive foil material glued to an aluminum mounting body with fasthenry. I wonder about the signal levels of the impedance calculation.

I think the simulation is done with small signal exitation and saturation effects are not included in the impedance matrix, am I right?

Thanks in advance!

Mario
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Enrico Posted - Nov 14 2019 : 18:02:16
Would you need the capability to simulate magnetic materials? We are looking for sponsorships in this area. If you are interested, kindly contact us (see the 'Contact' page).

Best Regards,
Enrico

maba1971 Posted - Nov 14 2019 : 08:16:18
Hey Enrico,
thanks for your fast response, you have answered my question.
I will check the documentation in the "Literature->Publication" page too.

best regards

Mario
Enrico Posted - Nov 14 2019 : 00:03:55
FastHenry is a field solver that is able to solve the Maxwell's equations for the magnetic field in the quasi-static domain using the boundary element method. The relevant papers describing the method are referenced in the "Literature->Publication" page.

Said that, at present FastHenry do not handle magnetic materials, so saturation is not considered not because of the approximation, but because ferromagnetic materials are not supported.

Am I answering your question, or were you referring to different phenomenons? In the latter case, could you elaborate?

Best Regards,
Enrico

FastFieldSolvers Forum © 2020 FastFieldSolvers S.R.L. Go To Top Of Page